- 1/4 small head red cabbage, shredded;
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, and sliced very thin;
- 2 large carrots, shredded;
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion greens (from 2 scallions);
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger;
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice;
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar;
- Coarse salt and ground pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, fennel, carrots, and scallion greens. In a small bowl, whisk together ginger, orange juice, oil, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat completely. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 1/2 hours).