- 2 navel oranges, peeled, and segmented;
- 2 tablespoons orange juice;
- 1 small fennel bulb (stalks removed), halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise;
- Green olives;
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice;
- 2 teaspoons olive oil;
- Coarse salt and ground pepper;
- 4 skinless salmon fillets.
In a medium bowl, combine orange segments and juice, fennel, olives, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil over medium. Add salmon, flat side down; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn salmon; cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes more. Serve salmon topped with orange mixture; garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.